Optical sensors can provide very high sensitivity, wide dynamic range and immunity to electrical interference. In case of using integrated optics (IO), also miniaturization and remote sensing becomes possible. When based on our proprietary TriPleX™-platform, these IO- sensors can be easily combined with micro-fluidics, yielding so-called opto-fluidics.
LioniX is a world leader in IO sensing systems. Examples of integrated optical sensors, suitable for hybrid or monolithic combination with microfluidic systems, are based on:
- Changes in the fluorescence
- Refractive index change
- Absorption properties of the fluid
As substrates, both fused silica as well as Silicon can be used, while both substrates can be combined with micro-fluidics. Optical detection is commonly used in microfluidic analysis systems such as:
- DNA sequencing
- Capillary Electrophoresis (CE)
Solutions based on optofluidics:
- Biomarker analysis using monolithic integrated multiplexing micro-opto-fluidics for PLC Diagnostics
- Multiproject Wafer run in Collaboration with CMC Microsystems.